Monday 5 March 2012

Word Of The Week - Fluid

Hey guys. Sorry for the delay of posting - I had a week off and didn't have any internet. Since I had some time I did a few projects. So heres a new word of the week! "Fluid". I decided to be more creative and do a completely made up advertisement.


This image is by Al Parker and it really inspired my design this week. I chose this image because I loved how the bold colours jumped off the page and stuck in my mind. The colours flow together in a very effective way that is very striking.

My Sketches


My ideas instantly went to water and water products. I thought about water bottles and how I could make it better than any other bottle out on the market. After many sketches I came up with a self cleansing bottle so that you can use tap water but have it be safe and clean to drink.


First off I found bottles that are a striking colour and very interesting bottle. I chose these because its appealing to the eye and has a handle to hold on to. These bottles are also great because either gender would use these.

Next I created the title text. I liked the idea of having a letter drip at the end to emphasize "fluid".  I changed the "L" to blue to add some dramatic difference, and to have a starting point for the drip. After that I added the main statement to the bottles. "hand held bottle filters".


Next I added a catchy phrase. "healthy hydration at your fingertips." I chose this statement because I wanted to emphasize the fact that the bottle filters itself. 

And finally in the end I added a sponsor (2012 London Olympic Games) and the olympics logo. I believe this could be a great product for the olympics (if it were a real product).
Hope you enjoyed my thought process!
Rachel.

No comments:

Post a Comment