Monday 5 March 2012

Capable

Hey Everyone! Another project I worked on was a new word of the week. This one is one of my favourites."Capable". I decided to go with an ad about capable and that anyone is capable of reaching their goals. With that - I went in the direction of reaching weight goals. Many men and women are joining gyms, eating healthier, and taking more healthy vitamins. 

This image inspired me to do capable because it shows a beautiful women in a dress but states "part time wife". That just inspired me because shes capable of being a mom but also a fashion icon. Many moms are put into a category and have to stick to this, but this image shows she is capable of breaking the chains and being who she wants to be.


For my sketches I was torn between a tv ad, button, and poster advertisement. In the end I did a poster advertisement that could also be put onto a box. I thought about how to most effectively get out the advertisement. With women being such a "sexy" icon - I chose to show a healthy women's body. My only fear was that this may be seen as sexist or targeting only towards skinny women or men. When I did some research on that - I found out that many people are drawn to the image of "skinny" rather than male or female. 

First I started off with an image of a women measuring her waist. I did this as a way to say "im capable of reaching my goal". I think this is a clean image that would help inspire people to reach any goals they set their minds to.


Next I added a "Start TODAY" and the "capable" slogan. I decided to add "start TODAY" to encourage people that this challenge is for anyone on any day. The slogan I chose was a way of saying that anyone and everyone is capable of reaching goals - be it weight or everyday challenges.

Next I created the Special K advertisement. I used the original Kellogg's logo to stay true to the product. Once I added the information I decided to make it into a challenge. I believe this would be a great add to place on a box, on the internet, on a card to send in the mail.
I hope you enjoyed my process of "Capable". Look in next week to see the new word of the week.
Cheers! Rachel.

No comments:

Post a Comment