Tuesday 6 March 2012

Wine Bottle Labels

Hey Bloggers!

I've been branching out and trying new design and wanted to share with you some of my work. A local Wine company was looking for new labels to keep modern and fresh. One bottle is a "classic" look and one was a more "sexy" look. I thought long and hard about what each word meant and what would represent that in the best way possible.

Classic:
I started out thinking of a scene - not a photo realistic one - but a full out vector scene with a man and a woman. Many "classic" buyers are husbands/wives, boyfriend/girlfriend type buyers. Being a woman myself I tend to enjoy the "romantic" or "sweet" labels myself to keep as a memory. For my design I thought about a man and women silhouette standing very close and hiding something behind their backs. In the end I had the man hiding a wine bottle and the women hide a plate of cheese. I did this because wine and cheese go together - as well as a couple does. For the background I went with romantic Paris.



Sexy:
For the sexy bottle I really thought about what sexy is. To me - I believe sexy is a body. Now don't get a head of my yet! I chose a clothed body. Sexy is the beautiful lines of a body - each curve - every line. So I created a women's figure with a sexy gold dress. I didn't add many details to keep the mystery in the design. I also added blonde curly hair because many men love blondes. In the end I didn't finish the lines of her legs - just the beautiful curves. For a background I didn't put in one so that you could focus on her instead. Another aspect of the design was to add a word that is sexy. I chose "rondevu". 


I hope you enjoyed my designs!

Cheers! Rachel.


No comments:

Post a Comment