Tuesday 17 January 2012

Challenge 2: "prepare" --- illustration fridays

Hey y'all! So heres week # 2's challenge - "Prepare"



This is a picture by Harry Diamond. This week this picture was my inspiration to "prepare". I chose this picture because I think the cartoonish appeal could work in my favour. I find that sometimes a more childlike feel in an advertisement brings back old memories or a "youthful" experience. 
Sketches!
(image corrupted)

 My idea is to make a Tampon carrying case that looks more "fashionable" and less obvious. A case by Tampax and o.b. I am going to take the "cartoon" feel from the inspiration piece and take the "Tampax" and "OB" logo and turn it into a cartoon. My background I am sticking to the blues of Tampax and add some dark blue swirls that will fade into the background to give it a more feminine look. Over all I will add a catchy phrase and the "pocket pal".

Here we go! The stages to the final :D


Background: started of with the background and swirls to get the appeal and the catchy introduction to the product


Stage 2 : adding "prepare"

Stage 3: Adding the product to show the consumer

Stage 4: Showing the actual selling product - "pocket pals"

Stage 5: Final


This is the ad fully finished with the Tampax and o.b name and logo. To create the logos into cartoon I simply did a live trace ( adobe illustrator) on them. I really like the look it gave to the finished ad. 
Over all I think this ad turned out really well and covered "prepare".

* this is a fictional product / project, no harm was intended to the Tampax or o.b company*
Happy Blogging Everyone.
  

2 comments:

  1. A very nice design, Rachel -- I like that you've found a way of compiling these portfolio pieces that show your graphic design skills... however I do sort of wish you'd also find a way to make them more illustrative. Otherwise though, very nice.

    ReplyDelete