Sunday 5 February 2012

Illustration Friday - " Suspense"

Hey bloggers!

So I got a head start on this week's word was SUSPENSE and I came up with a scary poster for Canada's Wonderland Halloween Haunt. I chose to do an advertisement for this because in my own experience, I was constantly in suspense wondering what was going to happen or jump out at me when I attended the Haunt this past october.
Inspiration
This piece is by John Styga, and was my inspiration this week. I chose this piece because I likes how this shows a very scary image, but has the unrealistic quality I like. I also chose this one because this screams suspense. What's going to happen next? Does this man survive?

Sketch Work

For my sketches, I came up and several ideas on how to make this advertisement most effective. Some ideas went around centring out an item, some went around an theme or picture. In the end I chose to mix a picture and theme - zombies and graveyards.

How I Got To The Final
In the beginning I made a gradient for the background, a sunset to a dark night.

Next I added a small grave yard to add a scary appeal.

Then I added a few zombies to the yard for the "suspense" feel.


Up next I added  a creepy zombie filled with blood and mystery. Then added the Canada's Wonderland Halloween Haunt logo.


To finish up I added the tag line and information.




In the end I ended up adding a few bats to add some more scary aspects for the grave yard.

I hope this added some suspense to the Halloween Haunt if you have never been.

Cheers! Rachel.

p.s check in next week for the new word of the week. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment