Thursday 2 February 2012

Illustration Friday "FORWARD"

Hey everyone!

So this week's word was "Forward". Thinking about the word made me think of a few options. Cars, technology, personal growth, and travel. This week I went with Cars because they are always changing and moving forward as people grow and change.

My inspiration this week came from Thomas Vroman. I chose this piece because of its unrealistic quality. I liked how the colours aren't what you would normally pick, but it still makes a great picture. This is the way I chose to go with my picture. 

Sketch Work


While I worked on what my concept should be, I thought about either doing a a road showing a car moving forward, a new car, or a view of a car. When I decided upon that, I chose to go with an advertisement for Bugatti Veyron 16.4 because it seems like a new step into technology.

Stages to the final


The first step was finding a proper photo and creating an unrealistic version of the car.

Next I added the smoke to the care to make it seem as if it were moving forward quickly.

Then I drew out the Bugatti Logo.


Next I added the name of the car and the specs on it.



In the end I added the slogan "always moving forward." to get the understanding of "forward".

Check in next week to see my next Illustration Friday's Word.
 Cheers! Rachel.




No comments:

Post a Comment